Tentang Jurnal Ini
AESTHETICS is an open access peer reviewed research journal that is published by Fakultas Sastra, Universitas Gresik. AESTHETICS is providing a platform for the researchers, academicians, professionals, practitioners, and students to impart and share knowledge in the form of high quality empirical original research papers on linguistics, literature and English teaching.
Peer Review Process
All submitted manuscripts are read by the editorial staff. Those manuscripts evaluated by editors to be inappropriate to journal criteria are rejected promptly without external review. Manuscripts evaluated to be of potential interest to our readership are sent to double-blind reviewers. The editors then make a decision based on the reviewerâ€™s recommendation from among several possibilities: rejected, require major revision, need minor revision, or accepted.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Duties of Authors
- Have the responsibility of ensuring only new and original work is submitted.
- Must not reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
- Must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
- Are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if their request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
- Must inform the Chief Editor or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of an article can be done.
- Should make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
Duties of Reviewers
- Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- Can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- Review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
- Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Chief Editor for further action.
- Should ensure the originality of submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
- Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Requests for extension to review the submission is at the discretion of the Chief Editor.
Duties of Editorial Board Members
- Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
- Act as ambassadors for the journal.
- Continuously support and promote the journal.
- Review any work assigned to them.
Duties of Chief Editor
- Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers,Â and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- Give clear instructions to potential contributors to the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
- Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.